Dulux's seasonal colour forecast is often a highly-awaited and heady blend of on-trend colours, enviable styling and achievable inspiration.
This autumn is no exception, with the paint company suggesting that this season's design trends will embrace a rustic-luxe look, with rich, natural colours, mid-tone timbers and simple yet sophisticated styling.
Set against a backdrop of warm timber and honeyed leather, the experts at Dulux say we should expect to see soft grey-green (this season’s new neutral), paired with shades of olive, dusty pink, and invigorating accents of rich, blue-green and ochre.
it all combines to create a sumptuous look that’s grounded in nature.
Dulux's autumn styling tips:
- Combine natural finishes: Warm timber, leather and woven rattan can create a cosy and eclectic feel.
- Add a twist: Paint a bedhead or feature wall in an exhilarating shade of blue-green or ochre to spice up this palette’s warm greens and earthy tones.
- Create interesting displays: Scour antiques fairs and second-hand stores for unusual collectibles.
- Layer up textures and prints: Think cosy knits, aged leather, velvets and block prints.
- Introduce concrete: This finish will add an interesting twist to green tones and timber. Use Dulux Concrete Effect paint to upcycle small accessories or to create a feature wall.
- Set up a cosy corner: A comfortable armchair or a window seat with a few soft cushions is the perfect spot to spend an Autumn’s afternoon with a good book.
- Dial down the lighting: Reduce harsh overhead lighting at night and set a cosy mood with a variety of table and floor lamps.
- Finish off with greenery: A trailing devil’s ivy on a bookshelf or a large, potted long-leaf fig in the corner of a room can provide a sense of calmness and reinforce a natural element.